Monday, July 22, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 7/22/13




Head over and meet Jen & Kellee at www.teachmentortexts.com and www.unleashingreaders.com for more on this awesome meme. There are many other
"It's Monday" links.

Books I Read this Past Week...  

Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown by Jarret J. Krosoczka
5 out of 5 stars


Babymouse # 1 by Jennifer L. and Matthew Holm
5 out of 5 stars

Bird and Squirrel On the Run by James Burks
4 out of 5 stars










Fangbone # 2 The Egg of Misery by Michael Rex
4 out of 5 stars

Foiled by Jane Yolen
3 out of 5 stars and not for my fifth-graders!


Currently Reading/Want to Read This Next Week...  

I have several more Lunch Lady books to go. @StudioJJK - I'm savoring them in anticipation of LL #10. Oh yeah, didn't you hear?




I am challenging myself to a lot of reading this week. I have been busy doing other things and I miss my reading time! I am sure we've all been there, #nerdybookclub pals.


The Adventures of Jo Schmo #3 by Greg Trine

The Incredible Rockhead by Nickel & Jennings

Otis Dooda by Ellen Potter
Find her on Twitter @ellenpotter

Fangbone #3 by Michael Rex

Legends of Zita the Spacegirl by Ben Hatke


The Unsinkable Walker Bean by Aaron Renier

Darkness Before Dawn by Sharon M. Draper


Bigfoot Boy #1 by J. Torres and Faith Erin Hicks


Jake and Lily by Jerry Spinelli



and I am sooo excited about this one - my newest approval on Net Galley. Can I tell you how much I LOVE Net Galley? No, actually, I can't! Visit and sign-up for a free account at: Net Galley

Living with Jackie Chan by Jo Knowles, only the most awesome and kind author!
Find her on Twitter @JoKnowles

What are you reading, friends?

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Babymouse!! Isn't she the best? I love when my 6th grade boys read Babymouse. It's refreshing to see them secure enough to read a book with a pink cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventures of Jo Schmo looks fun! I've never heard of it. Will have to look it up. I just barely like 15 minutes ago came home from picking up some books from the library and Legends of Zita is among them.

    JKK visited our school ... I think 2 Lunch Ladies had been released by then? I am sorry to say while I read all the picture books in anticipation of his visit, it took me a couple more years to actually try LL for myself (I didn't need to talk them up to kids cause they read them anyway!). So fun!

    And the SW/LOTR fangirl in me loves when Babymouse references outside pop culture. So enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo Schmo was pretty good. It is about a young girl who is a superhero. It was pretty clever.
      You are so LUCKY to have had JKK come to your school. I just fell in love with them.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I wanted to read LIVING WITH JACKIE CHAN. I need to get more acquainted with NetGalley. I am on my way there now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such. Great. Books!!
    Yay about Living With Jackie Chan -- it's great! Have you read Jumping Off Swings yet? I'm curious to see the reaction of someone who reads LWJC first because it gradual reveals past events as the story unfolds.
    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not read Jumping Off Swings and didn't realize they were connected, so thank you. I wonder if this will be an issue. I hope not. Maybe I should read the first one first =)

      Delete
  5. Netgalley is awesome! Once you get started, you can't stop.

    ReplyDelete