Monday, July 15, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 7/15/13


Head over and meet Jen & Kellee at www.teachmentortexts.com and www.unleasingreaders.com for more on this awesome meme. There are many other
"It's Monday" links.


Books I Read this Past Week...  

I had a great week, due to the amazing nErDcampBC conference in Battle Creek, Michigan, and a few wonderful books that I read. 


Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems
5 out of 5 stars

Lunch Lady and the Picture Day Peril by Jarrett J. Krosoczska
5 out of 5 stars

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
5 out of 5 stars

Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
5 out of 5 stars


Currently Reading/Want to Read This Next Week...  

The rest of the Lunch Lady series. I requested them all from the public library! =) I'm addicted!


Wildwood by Colin Meloy

Fangbone # 2 by Michael Rex


















Fangbone # 3 by Michael Rex

Night of the Spadefoot Toads by Bill Harley
I'm having a hard time finishing Spadefoot Toads. My district adopted a set of books that we are required to read with our students next year, as part of a new Common Core reading program called ReadyGen. It has it's nice qualities. I guess I just don't like being told what to read, just like my students!

What are you reading, friends?

8 comments:

  1. Ah, the Lunch Lady book looks so fun! Thank you for sharing about it. Now that I saw your 5 out of 5 stars, I feel even more compelled to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just a super fun series! It's not hard to get a 5 out of 5 from me, when a book is enjoyable. I'll be excited to hear what you think.

      Delete
  2. Great choices! I LOVE the Lunch Lady series! I think you will really enjoy Fangbone- lots of my third graders did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear they liked it. I feel like Fangbone has a very clever humor.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I always forget about Fangbone! I have one or two in my collection that I need to find--it is a new for me series and I have only read one of them so I need to get back to it. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They make me laugh! Glad you'll reconnect with them. I have also only read the first one so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Lunch Lady!!!! Jarrett has a new book out or coming out soon called Platypus Police Squad, it's a novel with some artwork throughout but not a graphic novel. Super fun, too. Fangbone looks like fun. Great to meet you at nErDcamp! I never feel like I have enough time to visit with everyone. Glad to see you linking up! :)

    (PS - Kellee is blogging at www.unleashingreaders.com if you want to update you intro.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen! I will update my intro. Thanks. I updated the picture, but not my words =) It was so nice to meet you and talk as well. I can't wait to read Platypus Police Squad. Thanks for hosting this great meme.

    ReplyDelete